The SE-T084M is an external USB burner with everything but BluRay burning.
- there are different models - some with TruDirect, some without
- the TruDirect models have firmwares
- the non-TruDirect models have firmwares
- US firmware downloads old Tx00 version
- Samsung Optical Disc Drive Division latest TD02 veresion
RPC1 means removing the region code or region-switching lock from the drive. Normally the DVD drive is set to your region (1..5) so that you can only play DVDs from your region. You can change this region 5 times with the last change being permanently.
RPC1 means removing this limit. Also you can sometimes set your drive to region code 0 which will allow you to play DVDs of any region.
You can enable RPC1 by using MCSE.
Windows XP will continue to show a X changes left in the region settings. But this is a software lock. Open RegEdit
and go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft. There you’ll find a key with strange characters (something like
which contains a single REG_QWORD value. Delete the whole key and you’ll be back at 5 changes left.