After playing around a bit, my Aspire One (v3114) got bricked after a normal reboot (blank screen, power led and fan on, nothing else). There’s a nice recovery procedure for the BIOS at macles.
- download the latest BIOS from Acer
- format an USB stick with FAT32 / VFAT
- put the files
.fdonto the stick
- rename the ZG5-file to
- now connect this stick to your AAO, also connect the battery and the power supply
- hold Fn-ESC down while powering on the AAO
- release when the Power-LED starts blinking
- (maybe press the power button to initiate the process)1
- DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS!!!
- wait until the blinking ends and the AAO reboots a bit later
Somehow an A150L with the v3114 BIOS didn’t let me update it to v3304. The Power-LED was blinking and the LED on my flash drive flashed but after a few seconds, the A150 rebooted and the BIOS reported still the v3114.
I’m not sure whether this is neccessary as I don’t remember doing it when recovering my bricked A150X ↩